[tirrigh-heralds] Lightning Spear discussion

Britt tierna.britt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 23:53:31 PDT 2007

> Great points!
>
> According to
> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lightning, lightning
> can be used as a noun, verb, or adjective. In it's adjective case, we fit
> perfectly into the Adjective + Thing pattern listed at
> http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/names/order/ (Adjective
> + Thing - Holy Phial, Precious Blood, Pontifical Medal).
>
> Would that work?

Maybe not.

     [Award of the Rising Star] This name is being returned for lack
of documentation of the
     construction of the order name. No documentation was provided,
and the College found
     none, that an abstract descriptive such as Rising was used to
modify a noun such as Star
     in period order names. Barring such documentation, this name must
be returned.
     [Ansteorra, Kingdom of, 09/01, R-Ansteorra]

- Teceangl