[tirrigh-heralds] Lily discussion

Uilliam mac Ailéne mhic Seamuis uilliam at shaw.ca
Sun Jun 3 09:13:35 PDT 2007

Quentin Martel wrote:

> We have an award for the consort of the second place finisher in the Tir
> Righ coronet lists. It's currently called the Lily. This clearly
> conflicts with every other Lily in the knowne world, so we'd like to
> find an alternative.
>
> Issues: Keeping the "Lily" part is desireable as there is strong precent
> in An Tir for what a given Lily means. Plus we've been using that name
> for awhile and small changes are more desireable than large ones.
>
> Attempts: Basically, we're looking for a ducmentable modifier for Lily
> that fits with the Tir Righ theme. Mountain Lily, Alpine Lily, and
> Edelweiss (a montain lily) were looked at, but the favority - Alpine
> Lily - ran smack into the fact that the Summits uses the Alpine theme
> heavily. Edelweiss would need some manuvering around Drachenwalkd
> conflict, but sacrifices the lily word.

Suggestions:

Arctic Lily
Boreal Lily (Borealilyalis?)
Septentrian Lily
Astral Lily
Celestial Lily
Frozen Lily
Frost Lily
Northern Lily

Yours aye,
Uilliam
the as-yet-unnamed herald - workin' on it, really...

--
"Take sides! Always take sides! You may sometimes be wrong - but the man
who refuses to take sides must *always* be wrong! Heaven save us from