[tirrigh-heralds] Client Tracking database

Quentin Martel quentin at shittimwoode.org
Wed Jun 27 18:58:21 PDT 2007

Greetings unto the Tir Righ College of Heralds from Quentin Silver Yale!

I come before you all today to talk about the Tir Righ Client Tracking
system that we've been pushing towards. It is now imminent.

This is a powerful tool quite unlike any you have ever worked with before in
your consulting duties. It puts together in one place the status of every
heraldic submission - where in the process it is, who is belongs to, who the
consulting herald is, and more - in one place where we and our clients can
see it clearly and easily.

I believe that this could represent a new day of communication, way to
balance our workloads, and bring far greater happiness for both our clients
and our College. If this works as well as I'm thinking it will, every
College of Heralds in the Known World will be copying it and using it. Is it
that good of an idea.

But like any distributed system, it gets more powerful as more people use
it. And more people will use it if they know what it is and how it works. So
towards that end, I'll be calling every herald in Tir Righ and talking to
you about the system - what it is, how to use it, when to use it, why to use
it, and so on.

Additionally, as this is a consulting tool, it falls under the bailiwick of
Theocharista Red Flame. I'll be coordinating with her on how we will
administrate the use of this tool once everyone knows what it is and how it
works.

Expect this call from me. Head over to
http://www.tirrigh.org/heralds/clienttracker and see what we have in place
already.