[tirrigh-heralds] Fwd: Re: Urgent - conflict checking help!!!

Teceangl tierna.britt at gmail.com
Fri May 30 03:46:15 PDT 2008

>> I tried sending this with attachments of the sketches but it didn't
>> seem to come through (too large??) so I will try again without
>> them.
>> If you want to see the pics, email me and I can forward them to
>> you.

The lists don't take attachments.  Send them to me and I'll put them up for you.

>> The below needs to be conflict checked ASAP as the devices are for
>> Owain ap Einar and Adwen Wren.

Her Highness has no registered name.  A preliminary look through the
kingdom library didn't come up with anything (AEstel and I checked
about five minutes after Owain won...), but Adwen has been registered
twice, once in 2000 and once in 2004.  One was in a Welsh context
(Adwen verch Gryffyn) and the other unknown (Adwen Raa). Laurel made
no comment on either registration so we'll have to find documentation
for her.  Wren is no problem in Englis; whether it's compatible with
Adwen will need to be figured out when we find documentation for the
forename.

>> In plain english (as my emblazoning is very rusty), Owain's is
>> gules
>> with two argent swans in a circle (chasing each other head to
>> tail)and Wren's is per pale with three stripes Or, azure and Or
>> with
>> an argent sun (with its rays, of course) on the azure center field.

Blazon is the words, emblazon is the picture. :)

Owain's seems to be 'Sable, two swans in annulo argent' but I cannot
be sure.  Since swans aren't quadrupeds, I'll need to see a picture of
this in order to figure out how to accurately blazon it and whether or
not the depiction is compatible with period style.  Swans default to
rousant (rising) and rousant doesn't work with annulo so we'll have to
figure out what their posture actually is and if they're identifiable.
 We need to work out style before we can even consider conflict.
(I must admit I was really hoping he'd do something period and Welsh...)

The stripe down the middle of Adwen's is 'a pale'.  So 'Or, on a pale
azure a sun argent.'

Conflict with Aonghas Cu - December of 2000 (via An Tir): Or, on a
pale azure a fir tree couped argent.
There is one CD via X.4.j. for changes to the tertiary charge.

Possible conflict with Stella de Lundeia - October of 2003 (via
Ansteorra): Or, on a pale between in chief two mullets azure a comet
headed of a mullet Or.
There is one CD via X.4.b. for removing the secondary charge group but
there might not be the substantial difference between a mullet-headed
comet and a sun for a second CD under X.4.j.ii.

Would her Highness consider putting a complex line on the pale?

- Teceangl
--
Heraldry is designed to be easily reproduced by anyone who sees the arms. -
http://www.s-gabriel.org/docs/clichelist.html