[tirrigh-heralds] Heraldic Titles for Tir Righ

Teceangl tierna.britt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 00:31:40 PDT 2010

> I'm not sure of the whole Heraldic Titles versus Order Names with one being
> registered so it's assumed it can be used for the other... or something...
> it's late.  But would there be an issue with us submitting Raven Herald as
> the Order of the Raven is already registered to the Barony of Raven's Fort
> via Ansteorra?

What?  Where?

*heqadthump*
I missed that entirely.  Yes, that's a problem. Designators (Shire of,
Order of, Herald, etc.) are transparent for purposes of conflict, so
they've got Raven.
My fault for a sloppy conflict check, I'm sorry.

We could ask for permission to conflict or we could add a legal
descriptor. I suggest first seeking permission - Ansteorra is another
heraldic powerhouse kingdom and for the most part its populace is
sympathetic to good period style. The typical designators in heraldic
titles are colors, of course. While black is timeless, the Tir Righ
arms have all that gorgeous blue...  Blue Raven, anyone?  Besides,
Drachenwald has Black Raven.

- Teceangl
--
KWHSS website: http://kwhss.sca.org