[tirrigh-heralds] Heraldic Titles for Tir Righ

Richenda du Jardin richenda.du.jardin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 16:24:02 PDT 2010

On 4/25/2010 3:07 PM, Tomas wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> At the Heralds meeting last month I suggested Silver Saltire, and very
> much like that name. Especially since we already have Silver Yale, and
> are talking about other Silver things.
>
> Another neat name might be, since we can't have Vox Tempestas, could we
> just have Storm Herald? That would be a good name for our court herald.
> Also, are we aloud to use local creatures? Perhaps Spirit Bear Herald
> (Or Kermode Herald) for one of our heralds. Also, what is the form
> required for Scribe names?

To construct a heraldic title, you need to demonstrate that it follows a
period form of construction. I don't see any way in which Spirit Bear
could be constructed following period practices (nor is it actually a
local creature - more like a minor deity of a sort, which also would
place it out of reach). Silver Bear would be a possible construction you
could justify.

Richenda