[tirrigh-heralds] Heraldic Titles for Tir Righ

Judy Harcus jdharcus at telus.net
Mon Apr 26 21:28:37 PDT 2010

We are not using heraldic colors because Laurel has stated a precedent
otherwise.
I'm pretty sure there's a better precedent somewhere but here's what I
found most easily:
" [Sable Ferret Herald] This title is being returned for use of Sable in
a heraldic title.

    [Sable Roundel Herald] While heraldic titles of the type <tincture>
    <charge> are no longer generally acceptable unless the tincture is
    specified with an everyday word, Ansteorra has already several
    heralds' titles of the type Sable <charge>. [Ansteorra, Kingdom of,
    06/00, A-Ansteorra]

As Trimaris has no heraldic titles including Sable already registered,
they cannot call on the Grandfather Clause. As such, this submission
must be returned. [Trimaris, Kingdom of, 10/01
<http://sca.org/heraldry/loar/2001/10/01-10lar.html>, R-Trimaris]"

Alicia