[tirrigh-heralds] Ordinary confusion

Teceangl tierna.britt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 09:24:10 PDT 2010

> Celje, Counts of - December of 2000 (via the West): Azure, three
> mullets of six points Or. (Important non-SCA arms)
>
> Fionn Bàn - January of 1998 (via Atlantia): Azure, three mullets of
> six points a bordure Or.
>
> In both cases, the addition of the chief triangular - or its substitution
> for the bordure - only gives 1 CD.  Yes?

Yup.  X.4.b. against the Counts of Celje and X.4.e. against Fionn.

> Just off the top of my head, might the following work against these (I'm at
> work so can't do a full check but will again later at home):
>
> Per pale azure and Or, three compass stars and a chief triangular
> counterchanged.

What do you think?  X.4.a and X.4.d?
Would require a whole new conflict check, too. :)

> My client *might* go for that; she might also feel it's too fussy, as she
> really like the clean simplicity of what she'd proposed.  I'm fairly
> certain azure and Or will be the colours she wants, as they are also her
> lord's colours.

Just the colors, not the charges?  Identity of arms means closeness of
blood.  Too many people in the SCA seem to have married their siblings
and first cousins...

Another option might be make the field Or and charges azure.  I
haven't checked that, either.  The chief triangular is a good thing
for clearing conflict so if she really likes it, encourage her to keep
it.  Best period style with a chief triangular is uncharged, by the
way.

- Teceangl
--
KWHSS website: http://kwhss.sca.org