[tirrigh-heralds] Ordinary still acting strangely for me

Teceangl tierna.britt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 13:43:46 PDT 2010

> My searches on the Ordinary are still returning lots of "unknown entry"
> results for mullets, and very few actual entries, though the various
> categories say they have anything from 70 to 150 records.

very weird.
I know you're using http://oanda.sca.org/ordinary/index.html but no
one else is having that problem.  What browser are you using?
(Morsulus will be at KWHSS, will you?  If so, can you bring your
computer so we can see the problem in person?)

> My client and I
> are considering changing the arrangement of the compass stars (to get around
> the Celje conflict and probably several others), probably to one of the
> following:
>
> Azure, a chief triangular and in fess three compass stars Or.
>
> [or]
>
> Azure, a chief triangular and in bend three compass stars Or.

Well, in bend sacrifices some of the nice, balanced style.  I suggest
looking for in fess first (I'll have time to conflict check this
later, MAKE time - conflict checking is how I'm retaining my sanity
this week).

Will the client primarily be displaying on a heater, lozenge, or some
other shape?  Arrangement can be tweaked to assure best look on
preferred shape, which can help clear conflict.  As Magenta will use a
lozenge exclusively, she's designing ON a lozenge and just using the
escutcheon shape for submission.  It might not look great on the
submission form (I tell the College it was designed for a different
shape if they comment on arrangement, if I know) but should look
lovely on her lozenge when it's done.  Your client should do the same.
 Three in fess would look great on a lozenge or square.

> Thoughts?  Solutions on the Ordinary situation?  It's been doing that every
> time I've checked it - and some other charges - over the last few days.

Get me the tech specs and I'll chat up Morsulus about it.

- Teceangl
--
KWHSS website: http://kwhss.sca.org