[tirrigh-heralds] Tir Righ Heraldic Symposium

Tomas tomas at noaharney.com
Tue Mar 9 15:35:10 PST 2010

Tir Righ Heraldic Symposium

Sponsored by the Shire of Lionsdale

St. Pauls Presbyterian Church

8469 Cedar St. Mission, BC

April 10-11 2010

The Principality of Tir Righ's first Heraldic Symposium will be held in the Shire of Lionsdale on April 10, 2010.

Classes will be held at St. Paul's Presbyterian Church in Mission, BC.  We will have a wide variety of classes in Field, Court, and Book Heraldry, taught by experienced teachers, and will enjoy an evening of feasting and fun afterwards.  We will also be having Armoured and Rapier tourneys as well as an A&S competition (Heraldry in any medium).

On Sunday there will be a Heralds meeting at the Mission Springs Pub 7160 Oliver St, Mission B.C at 11:00 AM.  All are invited.

Site Fee: (includes lunch)

Adults entire event $20; day time only $15; feast only $12

Youth(13-18) entire event $15; feast only $10

Children 5-12 feast $5; day time only free

Children 0-4 day free

NMS will is in effect, please make cheques payable to "Shire of Lionsdale"

Schedule: Site opens at 7:30 am Sat. Classes start 8:00 am, site closes at 11:00 pm;

Heralds Meeting 11:00 Sun @ Mission Springs Pub

Event Stewards: Hleafdige Thora Golvik (Christine Foulger) 604-826-5683

32615 Bobcat Dr. Mission B.C. V2V 5J8    seneschal at lionsdale.net

                                Lord Tomas de Courcy (Noah Arney)

tomas at noaharney.com

Lady Kayleigh de Leis (Trista Arney)

kayleigh at noaharney.com

Heraldry & Classes: Her Ladyship Doireann Dechti (Nancy Carr Zupanic)

bear_necessities at telus.net

Activities: Heraldry Classes, Heraldry Consulting Table, Heavy and Rapier Tournaments, A&S Competition, Scribal Table, Dances, Games & Feast

Site restrictions: No alcohol allowed on site

Hotel bookings: Best Western Hotel in Mission 604-820-5500. Please book by March 17 & let them know that you are with the Society for Creative Anachronism.

Much more information available at our website: www.lionsdale.net/symposium

Directions:

>From Lougheed Hwy east: Turn Left onto Cedar Valley Connector after Prospera, remain on Cedar Valley Connector after it becomes Cedar St. The church is on the left after 22nd Ave.

>From Abby-Mission Hwy: take Abby-Mission hwy until it ends at the intersection with Lougheed Hwy, continue straight onto Cedar Valley Connector, then follow above directions.

Course List:

Heraldry for Non-Heraldic Cultures

Heraldic Display: From Gonfannon to Gown

The What, Who and How of the An Tir Submission Process (aka - why the blazes does it take so long?)

Introduction to Conflict Checking

What's in a Name

How To Talk Big And Loud With A Small Quiet Voice

Field Heraldry

Heraldry Pizza

How to Use and Read the Tir Righ Ceremonial

Personal Heraldic Display

Town Heraldry