[tirrigh-heralds] Fwd: Note for all field heralds

Teceangl tierna.britt at gmail.com
Mon May 24 11:00:27 PDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Constance Wyatt <constancewyatt at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, May 24, 2010 at 10:45 AM
Subject: [Summits Heralds] Note for all field heralds
To: Heralds Heralds <antir-heralds at antir.sca.org>, summits-heralds at antir.sca.org

Sorry if I am stepping on toes for posting this. I want to make sure
this gets posted before we forget this was brought up. Also, can
someone please post to the Avacal and Tir Righ lists as I am not on
them yet.

Before the Crown tourney began, a knight that I know someone knows the
name of and will post later, came over and asked the heralds
something. "Please do not announce 'victory to...' until you see the
marshals point." He said that this was an issue that has been coming
up in chivalry chats and has been a complaint. He added also that the
order should be (and I totally agree), the fighters decide who wins,
they tell the marshal, and then the marshal tells us and we tell the
populace around the field. I know we get excited, but we really should
make sure we wait. Something to help this is to make sure to tell the
marshals on your field that you will wait for them to point and to
please make sure to do so.

In Service to the Crown and the populace of An Tir,
Lady Constance Wyatt
Town Crier Pursuivant
"Pondera!" (Balance!)
Azure, in pale a lion statant Or and a rose argent, barbed vert,
seeded gules between flaunches Or
(Selfish plug) My Blog: http://constancewyattdiary.blogspot.com/

KWHSS website: http://kwhss.sca.org