[tirrigh-heralds] Does OP follow you with a name change?

John de Rokyngham rokyngham at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 31 19:15:57 PST 2011

I would agree with this approach.

John de Rokyngham
Herald of the Shire of Cragmere

  _____

From: collegeofheralds-bounces at tirrigh.org
[mailto:collegeofheralds-bounces at tirrigh.org] On Behalf Of Jennifer Miller
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 9:20 AM
To: Tir Righ Heralds'
Subject: [tirrigh-heralds] Does OP follow you with a name change?

Greetings to my fellow heralds,

I was asked this the other day, and thought I would check with you....

Does a granted award or rank (i.e., aoa, goutte,  baroness etc) follow the
persona, or the person?

Say "Gudrin" (the Norse persona) was granted an award of arms.  A couple of
years later, the individual decides that Italian really would suit them
better.

Do we just notify the OP lists of the name change?  What if it is an earned
rank individual, such as a baron(ess), man at arms or Knight/Don?

Reasoning it through, we figured that the granted award or rank follows the
person, but were not sure.

Thanks for your help.

Alys Lakewood
Herald of Tir Bannog