[tirrigh-heralds] blazon question

Judy Harcus jdharcus at telus.net
Tue Mar 22 17:44:20 PDT 2011

Wulfstan Hrafnsson wrote:

> Further to that, I haven't seen any conflict with it - "2 birds
> proper" is very rare, and I didn't come across ANY trees proper.  Have
> I missed something, or are we clear to proceed?
>
> Wulfstan

Did I miss something?  I'm not sure what the device being checked is.

However, I'm also not sure how you are looking.

There are many trees proper such as (just a sample; there's lots more):
Allendale of the Evergreens
    * Either the name or the following device associated it (or both)
were registered in January of 1973:
      Argent, a pine tree proper.

Anna Beneyt atte Wode
    * The following device associated with this name was registered in
April of 1998 (via Ansteorra):
      Argent, a bend wavy azure between a Latin cross vert and an oak
tree proper.

Arthur Augustin
    * The following device associated with this name was registered in
January of 2003 (via Calontir):
      Argent, a fir tree proper and on a chief triangular sable an
increscent Or.

Pádraig Ó Duinn
    * The following device associated with this name was registered in
December of 1999 (via Ansteorra):
      Per chevron azure and argent, two eagles displayed Or and an oak
tree proper fructed Or.

Madrone, Barony of
    * Either the branch-name or the following arms associated it (or
both) were registered in January of 1973:
      Sable, on a pile argent a madrone tree proper, in base a laurel
wreath Or.

Lonna Animalia de los Pinos
    * Either the name or the following device associated it (or both)
were registered in August of 1978:
      Vert, in bend two bezants, each charged with a pine tree proper.

As for birds proper, what type of birds?  Here's several I found fairly
quickly (I didn't do a full search):
Vanessa de Linn
    * Either the name or the following device associated it (or both)
were registered in November of 1977:
      Azure, a lozenge throughout argent, overall two swans combattant
proper.

Jeanette Seurat d'Avignon
    * The following device associated with this name was registered in
April of 1989 (via Meridies):
      Argent, two pink flamingoes statant respectant proper, on a chief
azure a sun in splendour Or.

Danielis Pyrsokomos
    * The following device associated with this name was registered in
January of 1993 (via the West):
      Quarterly azure and ermine, in bend sinister two tawny owls
contourny proper.

Ethelane the Saxon
    * The following device associated with this name was registered in
November of 1982 (via Atenveldt):
      Argent, in pale two robins close to sinister proper and on a chief
embattled gules a thorn branch argent. [Turdus migratorius]

Nerissa Meraud de la Fontaine
    * The following device associated with this name was registered in
October of 1981 (via the West):
      Argent, two peacocks pavanated respectant proper, a point pointed
vert.

In service
Alicia