[tirrigh-heralds] Call for applications - Silver Yale Herald

Caitrina inghean Aindriasa Caitrina at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 31 12:01:05 PST 2012

Greetings unto the Heralds and Populace of the glorious Principality of
Tir Righ!

I can't believe there are only 5 months left of my term but time flies
when one is having an awesome time and once again I am having to learn
to spell my last name or find another Heraldic title <grin>.  I will be
stepping down at June Coronet 2012.  Thus, we are putting out a call for
applications for the Silver Yale Herald of Tir Righ.  Applications will
be accepted until May 15th, 2012.  The successful applicant will be
announced May 30th.

The term of Office is 2 years, beginning June 2012.

Applications should include an SCA and mundane resume (cover letter
optional) be sent to myself at herald at tirrigh.org.  Please also cc the
following:

prince at tirrigh.org
princess at tirrigh.org
seneschal at tirrigh.org

Applicants are not expected to know anything and everything about
Heraldry.  Basic requirements for the position are:

  * Good organizational and administrative skills.
  * Excellent interpersonal skills.
  * A general understanding of the Administrative Handbook.
  * An expectation to attend both Coronet Tourneys and Investiture
    events per year.
  * Requirement to report quarterly to the Black Lion Herald of An Tir.

I would encourage anyone interested to contact me for further info.  As
stated above, you are not expected to know everything.  We have a live
document that encompases the duties and procedures of each Herald within
our College at your disposal.  This has been a very rewarding position
for me personally, we have an amazing group of people who feel more like
a family than a College.  Good luck to all applicants!

In Heraldic Service,
Caitrina Silver Yale

--
"Quarterly gules and sable, a winged fox sejant argent."