[tirrigh-heralds] cc check please: (fieldless) An alder leaf bendwise

Morel Carr Zupanic bear_necessities at telus.net
Tue Jul 31 00:08:41 PDT 2012

Can I please get a second look at  (fieldless) An alder leaf bendwise.  The
only possible conflict I found was:
   Jesca McCutchen - The following device associated with this name was
registered in February of 1992 (via the Middle):
    Lozengy Or and gules, an oak leaf bendwise inverted vert.

I understand from looking at the precidents that there would be no
difference between a leaf and a leaf inverted.  But, I found the following
precedent, giving a difference for leaf shapes.  Alder leaves are comparable
in shape to elm leaves.

The Tenure of François la Flamme (August 2001 - April 2004)
... there is a CD between an oak leaf and an elm leaf ... [Ralf of Oak Lawn
the Oxhandler and Elaina of Oaklawn, 06/2002, A-Ansteorra]

Doireann Silver Yale