[tirrigh-heralds] Field Heralds needed for Ursulmas

Natasha Orionova orionova at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 6 12:32:06 PST 2015

Field Heralds Needed for Ursulmas

Greetings and Happy New Year from Natasha Orionova, Herald at Large.

I have been asked to manage Field Heraldry for Ursulmas, less than  three weeks from now.  (Two weeks after 12th
Night.)  There are many tourneys happening
planned for this premier event, the first serious fighting event of the New
Year.  There will be Heavy tourneys,
Rapier tourneys, YAC, Archery, Thrown Weapons, and more.

Voice heralds old and new are needed to support this massive undertaking.  They need us!  They really need us!  And
the fighters and marshals and list folks all appreciate the pomp and glory we
add to the spectacle.  In fact, they
can’t do the tourneys without

heralds.

If you are a newcomer to the world of voice heraldry, we will be offering
training for you before the tournaments begin.
Ursulmas is where I did my first voice heralding, and I’m still at it
22+ years later.  It’s fun, and there is
no better view of what’s happening on the tourney field.   Mentoring heralds will be welcomed with
open arms, coaching a new herald is the most rewarding part of seeing new
people come to play.

I will be at 12th Night, and you can talk with me there about
volunteering.   I’ll be

carrying my sign-up notebook.

I’d also be happy to hear from you on line at
orionova (at) hotmail (dot) com if you would like to sign up that way.

And of course, I will be at Herald’s Point at the event, where there will be a
clipboard for signing in.

You can sign up with me at any point in time, and I will do my very best to
work around your schedule.  I can say
for certain that on Saturday morning, January 2, 2015, I will need at least 8
heralds at the beginning of the day.
The more, the merrier!  The
tournaments will begin right after opening court.

I can promise that I will have water for the heralds, and a plentiful supply of
throat lozenges and hard candies as well.
Who knows, there might even be cookies!
((The heralds ALWAYS have cookies.))

I will have limited space at Herald’s Point to drop baskets and such, and
hopefully room for a few extra chairs.

In particular, if there is someone who could share the responsibility of
keeping the point manned, I’d be grateful to have their assistance.  It’s a busy place, and there is more than
enough to keep two of us occupied during the high traffic times.  Please get in touch with me at the above
noted address if this is something you’d be interested in doing.

With my deepest thanks, I remain,

Natasha Orionova, old used herald