[tirrigh-heralds] Tir Righ Heraldic and Scribal Symposium 2016

Anthony Hawke, GdS anthony.hawke at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 9 17:15:02 PST 2015

Greetings unto Richenda Black Lion, Vladimir Silver Yale and the
Colleges of Heralds of An Tir and Tir Righ.

Tir Righ Curia has graciously accepted my bid to host the 2016 Tir Righ
Heraldic and Scribal Symposium, to be held on the 1st and 2nd of April,
2016 in the beautiful Barony of Seagirt (Victoria BC).

This is my first ever event as Event Steward, and am counting on the
assistance of any ane all gentles to help come and share their
knowledge.  Currently there are planned 5 tracks of courses: Armoury.
Onomastics, Voice, Illumination, Calligraphy and Heraldic Display.  Of
course I realize that some of the subjects will fit into more than one
category.

I'm planning a prize rapier tourney which can serve as a practicum for a
field cry class, and I have the gracious permission of Baron Connal and
Baroness Letitia to use their court as a practicum for any Court
heraldry class.

In addition, there will be a potluck feast, with the main course
supplied by the event itself, and a tavern night to round out the day of
classes.

Any interested teachers, please contact me directly at
anthony.hawke at shaw.ca with the class(es) you wish to teach, and the(ir)
duration.

More details to come when I have worked them out.
Lord Anthony Hawke; GdS, AA, WOAW
Protégé to his Excellency, Uilliam mac Aillén vhic Séamus, OP
/Facta Omnia Gloria Nihil
(The deed is everything. Glory is nothing.)/
*Per fess sable and Or, a sea-tyger maintaining a rapier inverted
counterchanged"*