[Hartwood] FW: [rocks] Viscountess Amanda Kendal of Westmoreland

Rebecca Burley becca25331 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 18 20:10:49 PST 2011

bo´he´mi´an

n. a nonconformist with artistic or literary interest who disregards conventional standards of behaviour.

Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 15:31:11 -0800
From: mogg.atte.vnderegge at gmail.com
To: rocks at antir.sca.org
Subject: [rocks] Viscountess Amanda Kendal of Westmoreland

Forwarded
Let
 all know throughout the Known World that on Saturday, December 17th,
2011 Gregorian, Her Excellency, Viscountess Amanda Kendal of
Westmoreland, Lion of AnTir, Baroness of the Court of the West, Founding
 Baroness of the Barony of Lions Gate,   Mistress of the Order of the
Laurel, Holder of a Grant of Arms of the Kingdom of the West, Holder of
the Leaf of Merit, Holder of a Jambe de
Lion, Holder of an Award of Arms, Recipient of the Silver Pillar of Tir
Righ, Holder of the Magister Ithra and the Lector Ithra,   Recipient of
the Belated Rose, Recipient of the Mano d'Oro, Recipient of the Forget
Me Not, Recipient of the Princess's Talon of Tir Righ, Recipient of the
Raven's Blood, Member of the Order of the Lion's Claw, former Champion
of Service for the Baroness of Lions Gate, Recipient of the Black Tower
of Eisenmarch, and Recipient of the Golden Apple of Appledore, whose
arms have been augmented by Their past Majesties of AnTir, who reigned
as Baroness of Lions Gate for 27 years, who served as Regent and
Chancellor of the University of Ithra for several decades, and most
importantly, beloved mother, grandmother, great grandmother, mentor,
teacher,  friend and profound inspiration to so very many, has journied
to the stars to be with her beloved husband, Gerhard Kendal of
Westmoreland, her son in law Siegfried the Immane, and many too many
others.

 She was most proud of helping others strive to achieve
their dreams and see the potential they hadn't even seen in themselves.
 For so many of us she personified grace  and redefined our experience
of chivalry.  May each and every one of us help each other to see the
best in ourselves and help each other to achieve our dreams. Never lose
the opportunity to tell your loved ones you love them.

                              With love and hugs, and tears,
                                     Melissa and Andre
She was a dear friend to many of us, and to many others you may have not known her but trust that your experience in the SCA has somewhere along the line been affected by this woman. She shaped many of our ideals and very much lived the dream.  Her absence will be will affect us all deeply.

May you rest in peace Amanda, and our stars will shine all the more brightly for your joining them.
Peace and Love go with you.

--
Mogg atte Vnderegge
Baroness of Seagirt