[Hartwood] Application for Family Activities deputy

Zofja Case z.haiku575 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 23:08:59 PDT 2011

Greetings Hartwood,

My SCA name is Joye de Beumund and I would like to apply for "Family
Activities" as a deputy position to the Seneschal.

I have been in the SCA for 13 years, and in that time I have participated in
Children's Activities at many different ages and many types of events.  This
has given me experience of what activities are fun to participate in as well
as what activities can help families to help others and learn more about the
SCA.

My other SCA experience includes:  waterbearing, occassional-page to both
H.E. Nadezhda Toranova and H.E. Tangwystl verch Glyn when they were each
Baroness of Seagirt, helped with set-up and take-down at camping and indoor
events for both personal encampment/areas and the site itself, entered A&S
and Bardic competitions, and received the *"Order of the Sea Otter"* from
the Barony of Seagirt (service: James and Tangwystl).

Outside of the SCA, I have my St. John Ambulance babysitting certificate and
some experience working with children.

My mom (Cecille de Beumund) has talked with the Kingdom Seneschal and the
Kingdom Family Activities Coordinator to work out how I could do the
position due to my age (13).  15 is the minimum age to hold an Office, but
as a deputy under the Seneschal, I can fulfill the duties.  For any
scheduled activities, I will need to arrange to have 2 responsible adults
there for the whole time.

I believe that I could be a good fit for this job and would really like to
be able to work with the families here in Hartwood.  There's lots of ideas
and I can hardly wait to try some of them with you.

Sincerely,
Joye de Beumund
Membership number upon request, expires April 30, 2012