[Hartwood] Embroiderer's and Embellisher's Guild

canzonet3 canzonet3 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 11:58:51 PDT 2011

Greetings Hartwood,

http://antirembellishers.org/

The Embroiderer's and Embellisher's guild will be holding a meeting at
September Coronet on Saturday from 11 to 12 am.  Or as close to that as we
can make it following attendance at a prior meeting - I have no idea how
close together the meeting pavillion sites will be :)

This is a broad-spectrum guild with lots of choice for expression in how you
choose to do your ranking challenges.  However, I do strongly recommend that
you read through the guild website and choose your challenges carefully.  *

Keep your favourite and best-worked forms of embellishment to display for
challenge at the upper levels!!!*  I cannot stress this enough.  These are
the pieces that you will want people to Oooh! and Aaah! over.

The early levels ask for works-in-progress and allow for more mistakes and
learning-curves.   This is the time for experimentation and to try things
you hadn't necessarily thought to do before.

Come on out and enjoy the meeting.  Please, bring something out of your
work-basket and perhaps do a Challenge!

If you are considering Challenging, please contact Alicia (
jdharcus[at]telus[dot]net) prior to the event with any questions and so that
we have an idea of numbers for photocopying, etc.

Thank you and look forward to seeing you there!

- Cecille de Beumund