[Hartwood] Hartwood Rocks

Amber jademagpye at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 12:50:25 PDT 2011

To All Hartwood

You did good.  We made a big impression on those attending Coronet.  Lots of us there, our colours flying, to bring forth those hundred books in that beautifully crafted chest.  And then Kjarten gifted all the royalty with tickets to our White Court Yule.  That is the way an almost barony behaves.
I was so proud to be Hartwood this weekend.

Hugs and kisses to all of you who worked so hard under very tight time constraints.
Doireann and Kjarten Kraka who worked on the chest.
Anicia Diadora Angelica who made 8 books, Cecille de Beumund who made 15 books and kept track of our progress, Cunegonda who made 12 books and we are so happy to have her back, Doireann who made 3 books and came up with this crazy idea in the first place, Elizabeth Chatfeld who made 1 book, Halima al-Rakkasa who made 15 books and provided the brave banners that we carried into court and still managed to research and work in some Oriental Stab techniques, James Llewwlyn ap Gruffyd who made 18 books and was the one who brought this skill to Hartwood (many times) and inspired this project and also provided the material for making 20 book kits, Joye de Beumund made one book and is our only youth participant (yea Joye), Margerita of Sheffield made 4 books, Marina la Pica made 20 books, Nicole Hardell made 1 book and donated binder board and paper, Sorcha O’Cuillin made 3 books and donated materials and Symone du Bois made 2 books.

Special thanks to Elspeth Aylena of Alnwick who created the splendid bookplates and provided the stag head banners and dressed her hound in Hartwood barding for the procession.

Special thanks also to Scathach ingean Conmael and Maitress Cecille de Beumund who hosted A&S nights until we had made our goal of 100 books.

To our archers who competed in the Tir Righ Competition, Bravo!  Especially Marcus who made it into the finalists.

It was a delight to see how many Hartwoodians came to the Embellishers Meeting.  Thanks to Mistress Alicia the Wilful who held the meeting and spread encouragement upon us all.

Sometimes it’s good to be green. (and white and black and gold)
Marina la Pica
Proud Hartwood Seneschal