[Hartwood] Tir Righ August Investiture

Mark Sim sgain0 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 28 11:55:44 PDT 2011

If we are going to do shuttling I think its time we looked at actually doing
it right - that is renting a van and actually providing a real service to
people coming to the event.  At the various music festivals I've worked at,
the shuttle services are what makes or breaks them, especially if parking is
an issue.  If we actually want people to walk across then we should have
something on the other side ready to pack them and all their gear to the
site - maybe for a nominal fee (say $5) which is a hell of a savings
compared to bringing your car across.  We could also put a sign in list up
on a webpage before the event so that folks would know that there is going
to be a shuttle waiting for them on this side.  I remember a Bitter Waters
war decades ago where the folks there provided such a service - it made a
huge difference in how many folks from Lions Gate came over as walk ons.

We may even need two shuttles (Departure Bay and Duke Point) though their
arrival and departure times are off-set from each other, but that would have
to be looked at.

We could make arrangements in advance with BC Ferries to bring the van up to
the off-loading point at the terminal and have SCA stuff brought to it.  The
more advance time we have on something like this the easier it is to arrange
with them.

Something like that would encourage people to come over.  We may need a few
extra vehicles on really busy loads (the van might get full of gear), but if
its planned out well then it shouldn't be a huge problem and will show folks
that we have our stuff together.

Sgain