[Hartwood] Belated Hallowe'en (Samhain) celebration?

Valorie Lennox vlennox at pacificcoast.net
Wed Sep 28 21:45:04 PDT 2011

I had offered to host a Hallowe'en theme party on Sunday, Oct. 30 ...
afternoon to early evening ... but a potential snag has just appeared.

Earlier today I found out that my employer will be producing five
applications/proposals in the coming month. As the director of marketing and
communications, I am heavily involved in producing these documents.

In the past, I have sometimes worked for a week or 10 days straight, putting
in 12 to 18-hour days, to make the deadlines. The deadline for these
projects falls in early November. Based on previous experience, I MAY have
to work straight through the weekend of October 29 - 30.

I may not - we may do them earlier. Or not. (Despite the best of all
intentions, I've worked through the pre-deadline weekend every time we've
had one of these major projects.)

>From my perspective, the safest option would be to shift the event to the
following weekend, when I will be safely past the deadline. Or hold it a
weekend ahead (Oct. 23). But I don't know how other people will feel about
that or if it will conflict with something else.

I will know more in the next few days and depending on the actual amount of
work required and the scheduling, it may not be an issue. But it might - so
I'm flagging it early.

Thoughts? Comments?

Keep well,
Elspeth/Val