[Hartwood] Hartwood Party Invitation

jpclark innchaos at shaw.ca
Sun Apr 29 19:32:10 PDT 2012

Hello Everyone,

Since not everyone is really big into the Facebook thing - I'm hit and miss
at it myself - I thought maybe we should use this lovely little Hartwood
list to get to know each other better.  To that effect I am inviting
everyone here to a Get-to-Know-You Party.

Here's how it works:

1.  a) If you are not interested in coming to the party just flush the
e-mail when you see "Hartwood Party"  in the subject heading.
     b) If you want to come to my party but only want to lurk until you
decide it was worth your effort - just don't flush the e-mails.
     c) If you are tired of the winter blahs and want to be a party animal,
start responding.

2. Introduce yourself.  It doesn't have to be lengthy but it should at least
include your name and what part of Hartwood you are from.  Other tidbits may
include how long you have been in the SCA, your areas of interest, what kind
of garb you are wearing (something you actually own or be inventive), or
whatever you want.

3.  Like most parties there may be clusters.  Feel free to join one for a
while.
     a) The Great Hall Cluster - These people like to sing and dance.
Someone will bring or play music and then the dancing will begin.  Make a
post about the song you are singing, the musical instrument you are playing,
the story you are telling, the dance you want others to join you in... you
get the idea.
     b) The Gaming Cluster - They love to play games, be it board games or
the more physical kind.  If you want to join them make a post about your
latest game... maybe you made it - or are still working on it - or maybe you
made a great score at a garage sale.  Perhaps you have been researching
something new and want to share.  Perhaps you want to play Avoid-the-
drunken-lout but don't know how... Make a post and join the fun.
    c) The Food Table Cluster.  Maybe you didn't have time to stop at Burger
King before the party and are hungry or maybe you want to put your potluck
contribution on the table and someone asks you about it... This could lead
to a discussion about food or maybe even a polite food fight...
    d) The Kitchen Party Cluster.  We've all been to a kitchen party at one
time or another.  All the best conversations are found there and the topics
can bounce around all over the place.  Pick a topic and jump in...

4.  The basic rules of public discourse apply here.  Don't be nasty and
remember this is a public list.  Oh, and if you want to give someone a
cloved fruit, a private e-mail may be in order... Just throwing that out
there :)

Lady Lizzie - Party Animal