[Hartwood] Nov 2-4 Tir Righ Investiture

jamesllewellyn at shaw.ca jamesllewellyn at shaw.ca
Wed May 30 07:13:13 PDT 2012

The calendar is in a state of flux. A committee is currently reviewing it so
it may change again.

There were two main problems. 1) Sketchy weather in September and 2) reign
imbalance.

1) Sep in BC had seen us have many Sep Coronets where the weather was
absolutely horrible and very undesirable.
2) Previously the winners of Sep coronet were Invested in Feb. That is 5
months as heirs. Whereas the June winners were invested 2 months later in
August.

The change to an indoor venue for a Nov Coronet is what is seen in many
other parts of the SCA but not previously in An Tir. For example, Midrealm
has a January Crown held in Hotels and Conference centres.

I wouldn’t expect it to change back.

James