[Hartwood] NMS Donations

Danielle Bevan dbevan at topfloor.ca
Sun Jun 23 18:26:38 PDT 2013

So this has come up a few times in Council, and I haven't really done much about it this last month (which is my fault). For those who don't know, back in October the wording on the rules for when to charge NMS were changed, and became prone to mis-interpretation; we misread it, and advised the Gate for Black Knight that no, they didn't have to charge NMS. This was wrong. Now the SCA wants their NMS money, but won't allow us to cut them a check out of general funds -- they insist we need to fund raise separately.

Halima did an excellent job on this front, and managed to get more than half the fund requirements. Unfortunately, we still have $39.30 to go. If you attended Black Knight and were not at the time a member, please consider contacting me to offer a donation of the $5 we should have charged. If anyone else would like to throw a dollar or two at the fund, that would also be greatly appreciated.

Seriously, I'll tap-dance or something. Or maybe I should just threaten to sing something at the next event if people don't pony up. ;p ALMS FOR THE POOR (poor, poor Exchequer)...

Cunegonda the Desperate