[Hartwood] More on the past Black Knight Feast...

doerksen at island.net doerksen at island.net
Sun Mar 3 20:55:23 PST 2013

Greetings, all!

I hope you are enjoying the great weather and making plans for both
the garden and the tourney season!

However, this missive is about financial matters.

I received an email from the NMS Deputy informing me that we owe them
NMS for the Black Knight Feast. There were a number of subsequent
emails going back and forth, and upper levels of the Exchequery were
involved. The result is that we are not allowed to simply pay the
required amount out of the branch's account, but must solicit
donations to cover it. That is, we are being told to "pass the hat"
until that amount has been reached.

Ideally, the non-SCA-members who attended Black Knight will chip in
their $5. Practically, any and all donations will be accepted until we
reach $95.00, the
amount determined to be owing.

If everyone donates $2, it will quickly and easily be done. Please
make your donation before the end of the April TUTR. I will accept
donations at any SCA-related activity. Contact me if you wish to make
other arrangements (halima.dancer at gmail.com, 703-0494).

Thank-you for supporting your Shire!

in service,
Halima al-Rakkasa