[Hartwood] Dye Workshop in the Comox Valley

Danielle Bevan dbevan at topfloor.ca
Mon May 6 16:44:09 PDT 2013

One privilege of having the Comox Valley Art Gallery as a client is I get to wander the dark, empty gallery while Dad is dealing with their computers. There are quite a few lovely displays at the moment (Emily Carr Graduates, I believe), and one of them happens to be exhibiting 'Wild Extractions', the results of foraging for local dyestuffs. Part herb-lore, part practical lab experiment, the books contain ink sketches of the plants, a brief paragraph on the history of their use amongst First Nations and Settlers, techniques used and swatches in wool, silk and cotton/linen blend.

The display is on for the next 4 weeks, in addition to a workshop happening this weekend:

Workshop: Anna Heywood-Jones “Wild Extraction”
Workshop: Saturday May 11 from 1-4pm,
Workshop: Cost is $30 (pre-registration required)

More info on the exhibit at the CVAG website: http://www.comoxvalleyartgallery.com/exhibitions2013.html#april

Thought it may be of interest! :)

~ Danielle/Cunegonda