[Hartwood] Fwd: [northern] Tir RIgh: Wanna be a Kingdom? Poll Update

doerksen at island.net doerksen at island.net
Tue Oct 8 10:02:22 PDT 2013

FYI... If you haven't responded, please send a note to James to tell
him your thoughts.

Halima
--
http://www.island.net/~doerksen/

----- Forwarded message from baron.james.llewellyn at gmail.com -----
     Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 06:10:32 +0000
     From: baron.james.llewellyn at gmail.com
  Subject: [northern] Tir RIgh: Wanna be a Kingdom? Poll Update
       To: North Road <northern at antir.sca.org>

Just over 1 week into the polling and the initial rush has died down.
This is pretty typical of polls, with those having the strongest
interest jumping in. We now need a push to gather the next significant
number of participants. If you know of someone, member or not, ask
them to give us a moment of their time to respond. If they are
indifferent, it is important they respond as such. We have also been
going over the membership numbers and eliminating any irregularities.
For example, there are a lot of people with outstanding suspended
membership months due to mailings from Milpitas being returned. Unless
these are pretty recent they don't count towards our total. (some are
from as old as 2001). The numbers so far are thus: The percentage of
members responding is now stuck at about 31%. If it stays here it
means that a full 70% of the members do not really care a whit about
the process and it will die where it lays. If people are AGAINST this
process they can say that and it will equally die for the present. The
ratio of members to non-members is 4 to 1. Is this the norm or are
there a ton of non-members who don't know they can respond or just
don't care? From a branch perspective the numbers are: Appledore 50% /
Cae Mor 0% / Coill Mohr 31% / Danescombe 30 % / False Isle 80 % /
Fjordland 40% / Hartwood 52% / Krakafjord 27% / Lions Gate 34% /
Lionsdale 35% / Ramsgaard 63% / Seagirt 22% / Shittemwoode 14% / Tir
Bannog 0%.  To have validity the poll REQUIRES a minimum of 51% of the
members. But unless such a poll is overwhelming in one direction or
the other a small return like that will usually convey the message
that Tir Righ, as a whole, is not ready to proceed down this road.

Pass the word. Let’s see some more responses. If you can't make the
web form work, send me a note with your answers and we can add it on
your behalf.

Baron James Llewellyn ap Gruffydd

Polling Commissar

Sent from Windows Mail