[Hartwood] Hartwood TUTR - Teachers Wanted

Julie MacTíre redshasta at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 12:36:29 PST 2014

Found it!

DOGS IN THE SCA: A guide to the Current Canine Middle Ages

Introduction & Overview: Dogs in the medieval period segueing into dogs today.
*NOTE* Use the seminar notes as reference.  EMAIL Dr?

I. Dogs in the medieval period
a. Domestication
b. Uses in the medieval period
c. Symbolism
i.  Medieval views of the dog
ii.  Heraldry
iii. Names

II.  Dogs in the modern period
a. Position of the dog in Western society
b. Uses of the dog in modern society
c. Challenges of dog ownership in modern society

III.  Dogs in the SCA
a.  Dogs at Events
i. Camping
1. Are dogs allowed?
2. Leash laws & control
3. Picking up after your dog
4. Your dog and the strange
5. Your dog and other dogs
6. Your dog and children
7. Your dogs needs
a. Food
b. Water
c. Shelter
i. Feeling safe - crates and familiar things
ii. Heat, cold, damp, dry
ii. Feasting
1. Are dogs allowed?
2. Control
3. Comfort
4. Close quarters
5. Food

b.  The Well-Equipped Medieval Dog
i. Feast Gear
ii. Garb
iii First aid
1. Know the location of nearest vet & hours... emergency vet?
2. Nearest pet supply store