[Hartwood] Heritage Fair demo, Cumberland, Feb 15/2014

doerksen at island.net doerksen at island.net
Sat Jan 18 15:46:46 PST 2014

Greetings, all!

So far, Muirgen is bringing some armour and is willing to talk about
it and fighting, John is bringing 'Mary Rose' items and is willing to
talk nautical, Rachanda sounds like she's coming and will likely talk
Elizabethan, and I plan to bring textile and book arts items.

I have not heard anything about a half-hour fighting demo from our
MoS; if I don't hear anything by the end of council on Sunday, I will
tell Florence that no one is available.

That demo spot is a half-hour long. If I knew we had people up for
dancing, or anything else, we could do that instead. But someone needs
to speak up/email me.

More people, especially those who can talk about whatever medieval
clothes they are wearing or the medieval skill they are demonstrating
(action is good!), are welcome! Ideally, two people per table will
allow for breaks as well as the occasional busy moments.

For those attending, this is at the Cumberland Cultural Centre, across
from the firehall; parking is in the back. Hours are 10-4 (the last I
heard), with set-up time beforehand and clean-up after; I expect I'll
be there 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

If you wish to participate, please contact me (doerksen at island.net,
250-703-0494). If you have an "active" display, please let me know
that, as well.

Thank-you!

yours in service,
Halima al-Rakkasa