[Hartwood] Update on the demo at the Cumberland Heritage Fair, Feb 15/14

doerksen at island.net doerksen at island.net
Fri Jan 31 09:50:25 PST 2014

Greetings, all!

Here's your update on the demo at the Cumberland Heritage Fair, Feb
15/14. You are welcome to join us, in garb, and willing to talk about
the items on display (and allow the people listed below to take
breaks!). This isn't recruitment, but, oh, well, gee, if that
happens... {happy dance!} Interact with the passers-by and the
audience in your fabulous medieval style! Have fun with it!

Lillian said that the theme is "Floating and Afloat", but whatever we have
"would be welcome". Most of the displays have tended to be on things
50-100 years ago; people like to see the older skills that we have
kept alive (or revived).

So far...
John will have something on the "Mary Rose".
Kjartan will have something on Vikings.
Muirgen will bring some armour.
Halima (that's me!) will bring textile stuff and some book arts stuff.

Aleyn is a maybe with musical instruments.

Rachanda has indicated interest in attending, as well as Symonne and
Fjorlief. Hamish won't know until the Friday before, and is willing to
provide transport if contacted.

I have requested 5 tables, and should hear back soon on that.

We've been moved upstairs (demo is still downstairs). We have until 2
p.m. to decide what we are presenting! Fighting would be great, as
would a "class" on identifying (or whatever) unfamiliar musical
instruments. If those don't happen... any other ideas? (My fall-back
is dance, but we are unprepared for it.)

The building is open for setup on Friday evening, and then Saturday
morning at 8 a.m. (oy.); open to the public at 10 a.m. and closed at
3:30 p.m.  I am all for setup Saturday morning (I'm thinking
security), but let me know if you want Friday, as well.

Participants are welcome to join the dinner at the Miners' Cafe at
4:30 p.m., the meal being baked ham and scalloped potatoes with all
the fixings for $20.53 all in; must reserve with the organizer this
weekend (Feb 1-2; contact me).

Concession is on-site.

The count-down starts now!

yours in service,