[Hartwood] Fw: Copy for Hartwood Spring UTR

Annie Carr Zupanic bear_necessities at telus.net
Fri Apr 3 18:54:00 PDT 2015

Forwarded message from Elizabeth Chatfield, Event Steward:

Hartwood Spring University of Tir Righ

April 11th and 12th , 2015

4210 Cedarwood Street, Port Alberni

Site Fee:  $20 Adults and Children Free (includes potluck)

Please Note: Children must have the permission of the teacher to take any classes and must be accompanied by their parent or guardian at all times.

Potluck only:  Adults $10

There is billeting available on the site.  Please contact us so we know who to expect.  Service dogs only are allowed inside. If you plan on staying overnight Friday we will be open about 5pm.  (Note from the Dean – Classes start in the gym at 9am each morning, and it would be appreciated if your “camp” can be cleared up and put into the lounge or your vehicle, thank you.)

It is a discretely damp site. There is a kitchen available so those billeting on site can make breakfast but of course we expect it to be cleaned up by class time.

Simple lunch foods and snacks will be available at concession and will include gluten free and vegan options, all at reasonable prices.

Classes are from beginners to advanced and offer a wide variety of choices.  Those classes still not full, are Intro to Plate Armoring, Intro to SCA Rapier Combat, Intro to SCA  Dance, Uncials, Intro to Celtic Knot Drawing, Bardic Primer, Basic Embroidery, Cording, Lucets and Fingerloops, Practical  Field Heraldry, Personas Up Close and Personal, Knitting in the Round , Period Glamping and a variety of Inkle Classes from beginners to advanced.

Register soon at:   http://topfloor.ca/hartwood/registration.php

The potluck revel afterwards is open to one and all, whether you took classes or not. We will unwind with a friendly meal and an old fashion Revel.

Practice your odes to Spring… or any other songs or tales.  Everyone from beginner to experienced bard is welcome to rejoice in the season.  There will also be games, both physical and less so.  So come have fun and frolic after a day of learning.

For Potluck contributions we are asking for:

Meat and Protein Dishes – ex: Stews, roasts, pies

Savories – cheeses, tarts, nuts, olives

Desserts – yummy stuff

Vegies – salad, neeps, raw or cooked vegetables

Grains – pasta, rice, couscous, barley

Please remember to bring a list of ingredients for your dish, and containers/bags to take your leftovers home in.

A heads up about what you are contributing would be great so we can avoid the dreaded potluck of bread.

Directions:  Take Highway 4 (Port Alberni Highway) to Port Alberni.  After you go past Coombs Country Candy take the left lane into town.  This is still Highway 4 but will turn into Redford Road.  Follow Redford until you hit the Redford and  10th Avenue stop light.  There will be a Seven Eleven to your right.  Turn right.  Follow 10th Ave through two more sets of stop lights until you get to Cedarwood Street on the right.  Circle Dairy is on the corner where you turn.  The Youth Centre is next to Circle Dairy on the right.  You have arrived.

---