[Hartwood] Hartwood's Spring UTR

Annie Carr Zupanic bear_necessities at telus.net
Mon Apr 13 21:20:12 PDT 2015

Her Ladyship Elizabeth wrote:
It was a busy weekend for all involved in this year’s UTR, but now that we’ve all had a chance to get a little rest I would like to say thanks to a few people.  Please forgive me if I missed anyone, there were so very many people helping that it was difficult to get everyone down.  I honestly believe that everyone there helped in one way or another.

My dear lady, I didn’t know whether to blush or giggle, so I did a bit of both!  Thank you so much for your very kind words.

I want to add my eternal thanks to all of you who participated as well.  Our teachers are always so gracious and wonderful, and our students so enthusiastic!  I was amazed and very grateful to all of you already mentioned, who did so much to help with setup and cleanup.  You all really showed the spirit of our Society.

Elizabeth, you worked so hard, before the event, at the event, and after.  I don’t know where you get your seemingly endless energy from, but it is much appreciated, and many of us would like to know your secret!  Thank you very, very much for putting on this event, so that we could all increase our knowledge, make new friends, and just have a very memorable weekend.  Not only for the usual Event Steward jobs, which are enough, but also for making sure we all had a delicious lunch, and for doing such a lovely job cleaning the kitchen of the hall, before the event started.  That’s a LOT of work!

One of many highlights of my weekend was when I stood up at the feast, to try to thank Her Ladyship Cunegonda and Lord ‘Arold for the wonderful registration system they designed, along with Cunegonda’s sister Alice, and for once again doing the input, upkeep, and general management of the registration page.  But, it didn’t quite turn out that way.  I stood up and said, “I would like to thank Cunegonda and ‘Arold....” But the applause and cheers began immediately, before I could say why!  It was clear that everyone already knew why, and an explanation was unnecessary.

I’m looking very forward to next year’s Spring UTR in Hartwood (many teachers have already approached with ideas and plans), and all of the sessions here and elsewhere, between now and then.

In Service,

Doireann Dechti, known as Dori

---