[Hartwood] Demo at Cumberland Heritage Day, Saturday Feb 21st

doerksen at island.net doerksen at island.net
Tue Feb 3 23:52:30 PST 2015

Greetings!

Only two weeks to go before the Cumberland Heritage Fair Demo,
February 21st, in Cumberland! The CRI is at 2665 Dunsmuir Avenue,
Cumberland, BC V0R 1S0.  [This is the weekend of Tir Righ Investiture;
we will lose some people because of it.]

Are you ready for this? It's going to be fun! We can show off some of
our talents, and encourage potential newcomers to come to our
Newcomers Event on the following Saturday in Royston at Royston
Hall... We can engage people, get them doing, or reminiscing, or
chatting about what we do. We're a friendly bunch, and, hey, there's a
cool newcomers day next weekend! (Do you sense a theme...?)

Display - I've requested 4 tables plus space for the Norse A-frame; we
will know if we have it all after their meeting February 5th.
I am flexible at what we should show; my thoughts are only that we
have a variety to demonstrate some of our activities.
1 table of armor and weapons
1 table of games (for playing)
1 table of textiles (pewter? wood?)
1 table of whatever shows up! (calligraphy display/demo? illumination
activity!)

There is usually space for banners on self-supporting poles. Some
things might be displayed on the floor (armour stand? chests?).

We need people for the display, in garb, both those who can talk about
items on display, and those who can demo a medieval skill. If you can
teach a passer-by a new skill... excellent!

On my list:
Halima (spinning, and ?)
Aniko (spinning, illumination/painting activity)
John (kumihimo, and archery display)
Kjartan (Norse stuff, games)
Cunegonda (general knowledge?)
Muirgen (armour! weapons!)
.
Symonne (maybe)
Morel (maybe; inkle weaving)
.
.
.
We need people able to set-up, staff, and take-down. I think we need
an absolute minimum of 6 committed people to do these things. Are we
still a "go"?

If you aren't on the list above and want to join in the fun, drop me a
line (doerksen at island.net or halima.dancer at gmail.com)!

yours in service,
Halima
--