[Hartwood] Updates to the College of War

Wendy wmaiuro at telus.net
Tue Apr 12 16:09:35 PDT 2016

Come one! Come all to the newest event to Hartwood! Hartwood's College
of War! June 24th to the 26th of 2016

Camp Caillet is our new site for the Event! It is a great site, with
camping under the trees, two fields so we have a site for Archery. A
covered picnic area for classes, and an actual classroom in a separate
building, two small cabins with bunks in them for the kids, a central
Campfire site, 4 portapotties, and tons of room!

There is also a multi roomed long house with adult sized bunks that can
be rented for $35 a night.

!!!!There is day food for Saturday - offered by Aline de Bruges
and
!!!!!A pancake Breakfast Sunday Morning prepared by our very own
Seneschal her Ladyship Cunegunda.

http://campcaillet.ca/
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcampcaillet.ca%2F&h=kAQFb0yyD&enc=AZP0-cjSqJg2YA7SvFEtPlyIQ2MKS6Gd9s7S6ChHQjplQ6FlRKzR2iNKwcP0XmrHSRw&s=1>

MERCHANTS ARE WELCOME!!!!

Gate fee for the weekend is $25 per person with a $5 discount for
members with membership cards.
 >>Persons 18 yrs and under are Free

 >>>Pets are welcome but MUST be on a lease (the roadway is close to the
site) AND must be picked up after. This is a Scout Camp, no one wants
their kids crawling through Dog poop!!)<<<

This event is all about the Art of Combat and Classes will reflect that.

There will be non-combat classes for those that accompany the Warriors,
and gathering circles to ask questions of those more knowledgeable then
ourselves.

Some of the classes already on the roster:

-Combat Archery all you wanted to know - HL Ivan Leskov ( Timothy
Dybedal <https://www.facebook.com/timothy.dybedal>)
-Fundamentals of Thrown Weapons - Phydeaux Weir (Robert Anderson)
-Heavy Fighting in the SCA - Timothy Dybedal
<https://www.facebook.com/timothy.dybedal>
-How to make chainmail - D'Arcy C White
<https://www.facebook.com/Dmitrii.Ivanavitch>
-How to repair your combat kit - Vince Matthews
<https://www.facebook.com/vincent.matthews1>
-How to make practice weapons - Senx Bourgeault
<https://www.facebook.com/mike.club241>
-Making your Marker Shield for the List Board - Senx Bourgeault
<https://www.facebook.com/mike.club241>
-Learning how to do a Shield Wall - Senx Bourgeault
<https://www.facebook.com/mike.club241>
Rapier - Seamus MacDonald <https://www.facebook.com/hamish.macdonald.56>
and Christina 'Alessandra' Grant
<https://www.facebook.com/christina.a.grant.5>,
Heavy Combat - Wulfgar Bradaxe
<https://www.facebook.com/wulfgar.bradaxe> and Sir William MacBrennan
<https://www.facebook.com/william.macbrennan>
Archery - John Mail-Macandrew
<https://www.facebook.com/John.Mail.Macandrew> and Phydeaux Weir
-Thrown Weapons - Phydeaux Weir of Aquaterra and Timothy Dybedal
<https://www.facebook.com/timothy.dybedal>
-How to be an Inspiration to your Warrior - Ramona Argolia Hartley
<https://www.facebook.com/ramona.a.hartley>
-Whale Bone Plaque Carving - Ramona Argolia Hartley
<https://www.facebook.com/ramona.a.hartley>
-Headresses, and hair in the SCA - Mael Brigte
-Creating a personae - Halima Al-Rakkasa
<https://www.facebook.com/halima.alrakkasa>
-All the Heralds do and Are - 'orrible Harold Howard Bevan
<https://www.facebook.com/howard.bevan.90>
-All about Favors and more - Mael Brigte
-Beyond the Tunic - How to dress up your armour on a budget - Lord Ewen
Mac Dubhglas Ryan McEwen <https://www.facebook.com/ryan.mcewen.986>
- How to Run Gate - Elena de Maisnilwarin
-How to Run Lists - Elena de Maisnilwarin
-Norse Wire Weaving - Elena de Maisnilwarin

There will be a Torch Light Tournies for Heavy Fighting, Rapier Archery
and Thrown Weapons!!!! on Saturday night (and impromptu Bardic if
required).

A prize for each event is being supplied by our own Rick Dwyer
<https://www.facebook.com/bestial.spartan> The Jarl of the House Sigis
(who is sworn to secrecy) and pictures of the items will be provided as
they are completed.

As well, there is a plan for a "WAR!!!" on Sunday starting at 10 am in
the morning and continuing until 1 pm. Site Closure is 4 pm.

AND for those that are feeling the pain of training, there will be a
Fighters Spa run by our own Lady Aniko Melles (Leslie Eaton
<https://www.facebook.com/leslie.eaton>), charged by donation!

For other planned Childrens Activities please contact Archon Allison
Aline Seez-Mail <https://www.facebook.com/Allison.Seez.Mail>
For Merchant Information please contact Lord Kjartan Jamie Prowse
<https://www.facebook.com/jamie.prowse1>
For Archery Information please contact Maester John Mail-Macandrew
<https://www.facebook.com/John.Mail.Macandrew>
For Rapier information Lord Seamus MacDonald
<https://www.facebook.com/hamish.macdonald.56>
For Heavy Fighting - Wulfgar Bradaxe
<https://www.facebook.com/wulfgar.bradaxe> (dependant on work schedule)
For Combat Archery - HL Ivan Leskov ( Timothy Dybedal
<https://www.facebook.com/timothy.dybedal>)
For Thrown Weapons - Phydeaux Weir of Aquaterra (Robert Anderson) or
Timothy Dybedal <https://www.facebook.com/timothy.dybedal>
First Aid Attendant - Lord Kjartan Jamie Prowse
<https://www.facebook.com/jamie.prowse1>

The Class List will be finalized and posted as soon as possible, once
approved by Lady Symonne du Bois <https://www.facebook.com/symonne.dubois>

I hope to see you all there!

Event Steward: Lord Ulf Tretelgja( David V Kennedy
<https://www.facebook.com/dvkennedy>)
Chamberlain to the Shire of Hartwood

Co-Event Steward: Lady Gwynafel Farleigh ( Wendy Kennedy
<https://www.facebook.com/wmaiuro> )
A&S Minister to the Shire of Hartwood.