[Hartwood] May Council/TUTR 2017

Danielle Bevan dbevan at topfloor.ca
Mon May 2 18:50:23 PDT 2016

Is it too soon to talk about TUTR 2017? I hope not!

While most events get approved in January at our AGM, TUTR is just too early in the year for that to fly. We faced some difficulties getting instructors, with the implication that if we'd started earlier, we could have snagged them. So... lets start earlier.

Council will be holding an online meeting Monday May 23rd. We will break down the 2016 TUTR (What worked, what didn't, how to make it more awesome), discussing the June College of War, and proofing any potential bids for TUTR. I'd like to see TUTR bids by June Council for sure.

A TUTR bid consists of an Event Steward proposing a date, a hall with several separate rooms for no more than $500 for the weekend (unless you’ve got some financial ace up your sleeve), partnered with their chosen class organizer. Room requirements include a populace room, and a minimum of 3-4 class spaces (Bonus points for: a kitchen for cooking classes, and/or a noisy room for things like banging steel, and/or a quiet room, for more focused classes.) This is enough for us to go ahead and reserve a date, and work with them on creating a budget.

If anyone has a topic they'd like Council to discuss, please message me and I'll put it on the schedule. If you have comments about the TUTR event, likewise, please let me know!

~ Cunegonda