[Hartwood] Hartwood UTR Thank Yous

Annie Carr Zupanic bear_necessities at telus.net
Mon Apr 10 22:41:50 PDT 2017

Hartwood Spring University Weekend 2017 thank yous:

There are so many people to thank, and if I have missed you, I’m very sorry. Please let me know.

An event like this cannot run without a LOT of help, and folks pitched in wonderfully, thank you! Thank you to the following volunteers, who made sure things ran smoothly.

Set up: Halima, Kjartan, Þhorkell, Kaðlín, Alicia, Ulf, and Ardell (Ardell’s first event!) Thank you all for showing up to help, even though I forgot to post the time. Oy!

Gate: Sigrun, Aline, Symonne, Halima, and Kaðlín.  Special thank you to Halima for organizing gate, and putting the time and work in afterwards, to reconcile two separate tables and their paperwork!

Potluck organizer: Gwynafel.  I know you were too sick to attend, much to our sorrow, but all of the work you did ahead of time really made things run smoothly, and nothing was forgotten.

Clean up: Aspasia, Vincent, Giovanna, Freydis, Sarah, Þorkell, Kaðlín, Ulf (placing and retrieving signs, though he was sick), and Kjartan.  Organized by Kjartan.

Thank you to Symonne, for being the University organizer. It’s always an involved and stressful job (but in a really fun way!), but this time around, the challenges were many, and Symonne handled the issues quickly and admirably. That was some seriously fine work, Lady!

Many thanks to our Web Angels Cunegonda & ‘Arold (Papagunda), for working even harder than usual, in very challenging circumstances, so that registration is easy for students, and cleaner for the organizers.  After this weekend, you are Web Angels. I would like to remind everyone that they, along with sister/daughter Alice, created this program for us in the first place.  (I am not sure who did what, so please forgive me, and correct any inaccuracies?)

A special thank you to the best Co-Steward, an Event Steward could possibly have, Kjartan.  Where DO you get all that energy???  You were a real Rock Star for me this weekend, and there is no way I can thank you enough.  I came downstairs after class, to start work on cleanup, to find that it was already done, and the floor was still drying from being mopped. That’s just one, of many things that Kjartan did this weekend, making it all so much easier for me.

Finally, thank you to all of the students and teachers who travel and put in the time and work.  You are the reasons why we do this, and why they succeed.  I’m so glad of that, because University Weekends are my very favourite events, and they happen because of YOU!

Yours In Service,

Doireann Dechti