[Hartwood] Question for Port Alberni Members

Jean Clark innchaos at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 26 14:49:22 PDT 2017

We have had some people disappear over the years... We keep talking about organizing more but finding a day is always a challange but looking forward to it.

We do have a pool. The pool usually shuts down for a bit in summer. We swim at the lake or in our own above ground pool in the warm weather so I'm not sure when. Anyway, residents get a discount on tickets or passes which include aquafit classes, use of the weight room and skating in the winter.
The library is small but you can order in books. It's in the same complex as the pool and museum. The skating rink is in a different building and if you're into hockey the bulldogs are our local team.

There are a couple of small farmers markets on the weekend. The biggest is at Harbor Quay which is also a popular place to walk especially in nice weather. It is the biggest quay with a number of small shops and places to grab a bite to eat.

Lots of community events... September is our busiest month with the Salmon Fest, Fall Fair and Toy Run one weekend after the other.

A fair number of small parks throughout town and bigger ones out of town. If you like getting back to nature it is a perfect place to live.

I'm sure you'll enjoy exploring. If you have more questions just ask.