[tirrigh-heralds] General Heraldry Questions

Nancy Carr Zupanic bear_necessities at telus.net
Fri Aug 3 00:31:39 PDT 2007

Elena wrote:
> Who do we ask about general heraldry questions? For example, about giving
> permission for someone from another Kingdom to conflict with our
> arms/devices?

This list is a good place to ask general and specific questions.

As for your sample question, if someone has asked you permission to
conflict, and you would like to offer that permission, you can go to the
Laurel Education page - http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/education.html -
where you will find a standard Letter of Permission To Conflict.  It is a
good guideline letter.  You would complete it with the needed info, then
send the letter to the person or their representative who contacted you
asking for permission to conflict.

Hope this helps!

Doireann