[tirrigh-heralds] General Heraldry Questions

Elaine McMillan emcmillan64 at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 6 16:50:59 PDT 2007

I didn't intend to join the list. I was looking at the Tir Righ Online
Tracking System and it says "If you have any questions, please send us mail
at collegeofheralds at tirrigh.org"). Since I had a question, I sent the email.
Rather unexpectedly, I received an email saying I'd been added to the
list...

That aside - my question was about granting permission to conflict.

I discovered recently that a few years ago there was a submission in another
Kingdom which conflicted with my arms. As the submitter lives quite distant,
it's unlikely we'd ever be at the same event, so I would have given
permission to conflict.

Since the submitter never contacted me, I never had the opportunity.

So I was wondering how the system worked. If someone submits a device, and
it conflicts, is it standard procedure to contact the "original" and ask for
permission? Or is it more common to work with the submitter to change their
device so they can register their device?

Is there some mechanism to setup in advance that conflicts are permitted as
long as the submitter is from another Kingdom?

Regards,

Elena de Maisnilwarin