[tirrigh-heralds] The Standing Ceremonial Committee

Quentin Martel quentin at shittimwoode.org
Mon Jul 30 19:27:10 PDT 2007

We have approval from the Coronet for the Standing Ceremonial Committee
Charter!

To refresh everyone on this accomplishment, we now have Royal approval for
the creation and maintenance of a 5 member committee that will have the
exclusive assignment to handle the Tir Righ Ceremonial. My hope is that once
this committee is up and running, the questions that have come up regarding
the ceremonies of Tir Righ and its ceremonial will be answered clearly and
satisfactorily.

As per the Committee Charter, it is up to Silver Yale to nominate members of
the committee. There are 5 positions:

Position 1: Silver Yale - Committee Chair

Position 2: Tir Righ Court Herald

Position 3: 2 year At Large position

Position 4: 2 year At Large position

Position 5: 1 year At Large position

Position 5 is one year position right now so as to stagger the terms of the
members down the road. Position 2 is vacant as I am currently serving as the
Tir Righ court herald. This position needs to be filled, but once we have a
Court Herald, that herald will fill Position 2. Confused yet? Basically,
someone in our college has the opportunity to serve on the committee while
we do not have the position of court herald filled.

Once those people are nominated, they need to be confirmed by the Coronet.
After that process is complete, we get to work.

If you would like to work on this committee, please contact me at
herald at tirrigh.org!

I won't submit nominations until after Pennsic and Clinton so we have a good
amount of time.

Thank you all!

- Quentin Silver Yale