[tirrigh-heralds] Ceremonial creation process

Laura Offley damozel at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 8 23:07:14 PDT 2007

Quentin Martel wrote:
> Ongoing committee: There's an interesting name the Standing Ceremonial Committee

Great name. I like it. Their Highnesses may have an idea which people
(not names, rather positions) They would like to have on the committee.
I would think that once the overall idea of the committee gets approval,
then you could put out a call for volunteers as well . . . .

I would be wary of the term court patrons. It suggests assumptions of
position. I prefer the term court audience. Historically, the term would
have been courtiers, which I would prefer to use, but again it has a
different usage in the SCA to refer to Baronial Courtiers (non-combat
Sergeants, Yeomen & Gallants).

Yolande