[tirrigh-heralds] Ceremonial creation process

Quentin Martel quentin at shittimwoode.org
Fri Jun 8 19:39:01 PDT 2007

Great comments Yolande Silver Pillar!

Ongoing committee: There's an interesting name the Standing Ceremonial
Committee

Acceptance: I think that we're on the same page here. If a person writes a
ceremony, that ceremony needs to be accepted as right and proper by some set
of people in the Principality. Who exactly comprises that set is a matter of
debate. My proposal lists exactly who those positions are, specifically the
ceremonial committee and the Coronet.

Currently, to get acceptance, one would have to talk to...well, I'm not
sure. The Coronet certainly. Silver Yale? Seems like a good choice being the
chief heraldic officer of the Principality, but I don't recall many
ceremonies coming to my doorstep for review. Tir Righ Court Herald? Head of
Retinue? Court Liaison? Heavily involved Royal Peer?

These are what are being answered. If someone wants to have direct input
into the process, get on the committee. Or failing that, talk to someone on
the committee. Or write the ceremony and submit it to the committee. Or, of
course, win Coronet. :)

The right of anyone to write a ceremony: I don't think that we're in actual
disagreement here. I believe that anyone should have the right to write a
ceremony and submit it to the ceremonial committee. This is how we can sell
the idea of getting involved in this process to those people in Tir Righ who
may have great ideas but may not have connections with the court itself.
This is also who to get people involved in our work, find, and recruit new
people to help us.

That person's ceremony will then be reviewed by the committee. No one gets
to place words in the mouth of the Coronet. However, anyone with ideas,
suggestions, or input will then have this avenue available to put their
great energy to work in helping the Principality!

Court patrons: Definition - someone who attends a court. The idea is that we
get many different views from many different perspectives. The perspective
of being on the throne is way different than being the herald than being the
court reporter than watching the court and so on.

- Quentin Silver Yale