[tirrigh-heralds] An Tir Heraldic and Scribal Symposium

Brian Russell vox at xprt.net
Fri Jan 18 15:13:37 PST 2008

Greetings to the assembled heralds of An Tir, and those friends from over
the Knowne World that also gather here, from Ciaran Cluana Ferta, Argent
Scroll Herald in the same Kingdom.

I pray that you are all well and prosper. I was pleased to see many of you
at Twelfth Night, and spoke to several about teaching at the upcoming
Kingdom Heraldic and Scribal Symposium (ATKHSS). I write to you today,
asking that you each look at your schedules, considering the possibility of
attending the Symposium (which is scheduled for March 29th & 30th, 2008 in
the Shire of Heron's Reach), with an eye to teaching a class or two.

We all have talents as heralds, and we all have widely differing interests.
When I first received an heraldic title (yes, back in the mists of
antiquity), it was explained to me that we all have a secondary task, that
of passing on culture. I have found that this secondary task lies behind
ALL organizations, no matter what their primary purpose. I want to extend
to each of you an opportunity to do just that, preserve and extend the
culture of An Tir,  by passing on to new people the knowledge you possess.

I understand that the distance to Astoria, OR is too great for many of you
to attend, and for some, the timing may be wrong. Please let me know if you
would like to teach, by replying to argent-scroll at antir,sca.org

In Service to Crown and Heraldry,

Ciaran Cluana Ferta, GdS, JdL
Argent Scroll Herald

Psallam Spiritu et Mente