[tirrigh-heralds] Heraldic Titles for Tir Righ

Judy Harcus jdharcus at telus.net
Sun Apr 25 11:23:07 PDT 2010

The Pic Dic lists "Ink Bottle" and gives variations "ink flask", "ink
horn", and "ink well" as well as "ink pot" (which it says is 'more
ornate and less portable than a standard ink bottle; it also says
'though a period artifact, its use a charge seems unique to Society
heraldry'.)
I can't find anything to conflict with "Ink--- Herald" (whether Inkpot,
Inkwell, Inkflask, Inkhorn, Inkbottle).

Of the various names, 'inkhorn' is the only one that really appeals to
me at all.
I found a few variant spellings for Inkhorn in the MED: inkehorn,
ynkhorn, ynkorne, incorne as well as inkhorn (the latter dated ?c.1475,
so it appears it may be a period spelling).

Alicia