[tirrigh-heralds] My Name, Device and Badge: My thoughts and findings so far - PART 2 - DEVICE

Teceangl tierna.britt at gmail.com
Thu May 13 09:07:37 PDT 2010

> Reminder, muchly for myself, that the design in question is:
>> Device: Per chevron azure and argent, two wolf's heads erased to sinister
>> argent and a Celtic harp vert.

Which I was going to conflict check...

Irene Murdoch Fockxworth - September of 1984 (via Atenveldt): Per
chevron azure and Or, two foxes' heads erased and addorsed argent, in
base a fleur-de-lis vert.
X.4.a. CD for changing the tincture of half the field (note this is
really the only time one should think 'half the field tincture' - when
the lines of division are identical).
Okay, nothing for turning only one head around.  We need to rely on a
type-only CD for that harp...

[Per chevron throughout purpure and argent, two estoiles argent and a
dragonfly vert. ]
This device is clear of conflict with Katya Anna Sylvan, Per chevron
throughout purpure and argent, two compass stars argent and a fox
sejant gules. There is a second CD for changing the tincture of the
charge in base, as the basemost of a group of charges two and one is
considered to be half the group:
   After much thought and discussion, it has been decided, for purposes of
   X.4.d, e and h of the Rules for Submission, that the bottommost of three
   charges, either on the field alone or around an ordinary, is defined as
   one-half of the group...multiple changes to the basemost of three charges
   under this definition will be granted a maximum of one CVD. (CL 9/6/90 p.2)
[Letia Thistelthueyt, 12/01, A-Atlantia]

We've got it.  X.4.e. CD and clear.

Bleyddyn ap Rhys - March of 1992 (via Caid): Per chevron azure and
argent, two wolf's heads erased argent and a drakkar sable.
We've been over this one, right?  X.4.e. CD for type change of charge
in base, X.4.h. CD for changing the orientation of the heads.

Galen Ó Seanacháin - May of 2001 (via Atenveldt): Per pall inverted
purpure, sable, and Or, two wolf's heads erased addorsed argent and a
tree blasted and couped vert.
X.4.a. field difference.  The precedent above doesn't say squat about
how the field's divided when dealing with charges 2 and 1, so count an
X.4.e. type change CD for the charge in base.

I don't find any conflicts, either.

- Teceangl
--
KWHSS website: http://kwhss.sca.org