[tirrigh-heralds] conflict question

Wulfstan Hrafnsson wulfstan.hrafnsson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 15:12:28 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I've got a client trying to submit:

   *Azure, three seeblatter inverted and a chief triangular Or.*

I found a potential conflict in a 2008 registration via Ansteorra:

  *Gules, three seeblätter and on a chief Or three roses gules.*

Clearly there's a CD for field colour.  My question is: can we get a CD for
the shape of the chief or the orientation of the seeblatter?  Either should
do it, both would be nice.  My client's arrangement of the primary charge
group is two-and-one, and I assume the Ansteorran lady did the same (it's
the default arrangement, I think?)

She's also looking to register as her name "Eleanor Odlowe" as a late C14
English name.  Both names were found on the SCA heraldry site -

Eleanor - http://heraldry.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/reaneyAG.html
Odlowe -
http://heraldry.sca.org/laurel/names/york15/surnames-alphabetical.htm#O

I'm really not good with names and not sure how to conflict check them, so
help and guidance on this would be most appreciated.  I'm hoping to get this
in to Caitrina with some other material for the April ILoI at the end of the
week.

Thanks!

Wulfstan