[tirrigh-heralds] conflict question

Basil BasilD at lavabit.com
Tue Mar 22 16:07:30 PDT 2011

Wulfstan Hrafnsson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a client trying to submit:
>
> *Azure, three seeblatter inverted and a chief triangular Or.*
>
> I found a potential conflict in a 2008 registration via Ansteorra:
>
> *Gules, three seeblätter and on a chief Or three roses gules.*
>

> Clearly there's a CD for field colour.  My question is: can we get a CD for the
> shape of the chief or the orientation of the seeblatter?

I don't know about "chief" vs "chief triangular" (RfS X.4.e), but there's a CD under
RfS X.4.i, for removing the charges on the chief. The orientation question (which
falls under X.4.h, depends on how distinct seeblatters are when inverted.

Since there's clearly a CD under X.4.a et seq, and another under X.4.i, you have your
two CDs, so no need to sweat the type and orientation questions.

BTW, it would have been nice if you had copied to whole entry, like so:
# Elisabeth von Trier
     * The following device associated with this name was registered in December of
2008 (via Ansteorra):
       Gules, three seeblätter and on a chief Or three roses gules.

That makes it easier for others to find the citation. ;-)

> Either should do it, both would be nice.  My client's arrangement of the primary
> charge group is two-and-one, and I assume the Ansteorran lady did the same (it's
> the default arrangement, I think?)

It is indeed the default arrangement.

--
~~Basil Dragonstrike

Due to the proliferation of HTML-email-sent viruses, I have made sure all such are
destroyed unread. If you wish me to see an email you send, make sure it has no HTML
in it. Thank you.

Peritia zmaragdus est; sapientia adamās est. Comparāvistine impensae eārum nūper?

Jurem in verum sōlum.

When women love us, they forgive us everything, even our crimes; when they do not
love us, they give us credit for nothing, not even our virtues. -- Honoré de Balzac