[tirrigh-heralds] blazon question

Judy Harcus jdharcus at telus.net
Tue Mar 22 22:14:52 PDT 2011

Aha!  This looks like the device that I got the second message about
before I got this one.

BTW, please don't send such large files.  Be kind to those of us with
slow internet connections and shrink your images.  ;-)  This may also be
why it was delayed.

According to the "Conventional 'Proper' Colorings" table, a popinjay
proper is green with red details.  It's hard to tell the color on my
screen - it could be either blue or green.  I'm assuming green but it's
a different shade than the tree.  If so, it would need to be checked
against other green birds.

Statant is not used for birds.  These appear to be 'close' which is the
default for popinjays and thus can be left out.  The rest of the blazon
looks right.

I don't have time to conflict check right now though.

Alicia